Monday, January 4, 2010

We made it...

Well...we made it through the first year of daddy being gone. The past two weeks were NOTHING like last year!! Last year, the day after Christmas, we were making funeral arrangements for daddy...this year...we all hung out at the house and did nothing!


Christmas Eve was rough for us...after we got home from Steven and Jill's for the annual Kilgore Christmas, I finally got Karson to bed and Bryan brought in what he made her...


(I took this picture with my BlackBerry...so please excuse the fuzziness... My dad would be SO PROUD of Bryan for making this for her. He did it all...except for the staining and top coat...I helped with that...)
Mom, Bryan and I breakdown that night after she went to bed...but...we needed it... Everyone called or texted throughout the day checking on us and we were VERY thankful we have so many people who love us and thought of us that day... But, we needed it...and it helped get us through Christmas Day... I will never forget what Karson told my mom a little over a year ago...and I know that I've referenced it elsewhere on my blog...so hang in there with me while I repeat it again..."Nanna, Jesus couldn't have gotten a better birthday present than my PawPaw!" She was so sweet when she said it...with tears rolling down her face...
Anyway...we made it through the Holidays... Thank you again for all of the support each of you have given us through this past year! It is because of yall and God that we made it through with as little speed bumbs as we have had... Thank you...we love all of you!!
(Karson's surprise from Santa: she loves this thing!! And has learned to do tricks on it...LOL)


1 comment:

Lisa said...

They say to do something different for your first holidays. I did for Thanksgiving and Christmas. It worked!! I felt the whole time, that mom was very happy to see me having so much fun!