Tuesday, January 6, 2009

My thoughts....

Are mostly about my mom and dad right now. They had rough times in their marriage...but mostly it was good. I remember the good times at we had at the river house when we were kids... We (us kids) used to smoke the grapevines from the trees on the hills down to the sand... Yes...we were crazy...I know...but we had a blast!! I will never forget this one time that us kids were there with my MeeMaw and PawPaw and we were playing in the piles of leaves and my brother got a leaf stalk (whatever it's called) jammed into his ear and we had to take him to the hospital in Cleveland...

My parents would always drive us into town (Cleveland) for snow cones!! Our favorite was always the pink panther...we never got anything else...Angie and I found one at the sugar shack in Crosby that's close to it...but I can't remember the name...I will have to ask her...

My parents are awesome people!! I'm worried about my mom and what she will do during the day now... Since she retired...she has taken care of my dad...for two years now!! And it's going to be really hard for her right now... But, I know that my dad is watching over her (and us)... She will be doing a lot of stuff at Karson's school...I'm sure of that... And she also stated that she will probably get a job..."even if I'm just a checker ar Wal-Mart...I have to do something...I won't be able to just sit in the house...that's for sure!!" were her exact words!! So - if anyone knows of something part-time...hit me up and let me know and I will pass it on to her...

My dad was the hardest worker I knew... And my brother falls fast behind him! When dad was forced to quit work do to his disability, he still tinkered outside in the woodshed making things... He would sit out there on his stool and work away for as long as he could...about an hour at a time... There in the end...it was less and less that he was able to get out there...

He made Karson's cradle that she slept in when Jeff and I brought her home from the hospital... And I will cherish it ALWAYS!! Many Kilgore (and non-Kilgore) babies have slept in it since then also.... First Karson (of course), then my best friend Miranda's second child (her first are Karson are 9 days apart...told you she's my best friend...we did everything togeter...even having our first kids together..LOL), and then my Janna-Bananna, and then Jacob. Now it holds Karson's dolls and stuffed animals... Well, some of them!! LOL...

My dad was a wonderful man that is going to be terribly missed by many, many people!!!

That's all for now...

Until next time...

No comments: