Tuesday, January 6, 2009

My Dad....

You know...my dad was sick for SO LONG that we had said that when he passed away that we would be "prepaired" for it... But...we weren't!! This has been so HARD for all of us!! Karson is having a really hard time with it. I met with her teachers today for our annual parent/teacher conference and told them about it. They said that they would each give her a little extra TLC... They are such sweet teachers!! I couldn't have asked for better! I also spoke with her counselor as well about it. She said that she might call Karson into her office and just chat with her and let her know if she ever wanted to talk to someone other than us...that's she's there for her. I said that was a great idea!! That's one of the many reasons a counselor is at each campus...

We miss my dad so MUCH!!! But - none of us would want him back the way he was!! He hurt SO BAD the last few months...but when his girls were around...he would put on a happy face for them! He LOVED his baby girls so much!! All of us have said numerous times that the reason he lasted so long was because he was living for them!! Don't get me wrong...he loved us and wanted to stay here for us too...but his baby girls were his heart from the first time he held them and told them he loved them until the last time!!

Well...I just wanted to thank everyone for all the love and support and prayers the past few weeks!! Just make sure you keep them coming! The girls (and us too) need as many as we can get...

Love to all...and until next time....

No comments: