Friday, September 11, 2009

A Day of Remembrance....


I remember where I was, who I was with, and what we were doing that day eight years ago! My now ex-husband is a ex-Marine and now (as he was that day) a police officer. I remember waking him up that morning and telling him the news. He ran into the living room and watch in disbelief what was happening to our country. I remember him getting ready for work and kissing me and our daughter goodbye and telling us he loved us and he would see us later that night…But we didn’t see him later that night…he had to work over and stand guard at the port of Houston in La Porte… He got home the next morning and the first thing he did was give our daughter and I a hug and kiss and tell us he loved us… It’s a day that I will NEVER forget… God Bless all of the men, women and children that lost their lives that day and all of their families…
Thank you to all of the service men and women in the Army, Navy, Air Force, Coast Guard, National Guard and the Marines, all of the police officers, and all of the firefighters who put their lives on the line every day to protect us!!
THANK YOU!!!

No comments: