Wednesday, July 22, 2009

YUMMY Cheese Straws!!!

Ok...so I've thought about this for a long time. I have some GREAT recipes...so I thought that I would share one a day (work day) with you... (This one I got from one of the other blogs I read...so I thought that I would share her's first...it sounds YUMMY!!!!) I have a TON of them...so if you want something...I'm sure I have it... I'll take requests...

Day One: Cheese Straws - Starwoodgal http://starwoodgal.wordpress.com/

2 cups grated cheese (sharp or regular)
1/2 cup butter or margarine

1 teaspoon baking powder

1 teaspoon salt

2 tablespoons cold water

1 1/2 cups flour
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper

Cream butter and cheese together. Sift flour and baking powder. Add salt and cayenne pepper. Form in dough as pie crust (this means not to stir or handle it too long.....it will make the dough tough and you don't want tough cheese straws!!!). Roll out as thin as pastry (which means get it pretty thin...but not TOO thin...LOL). Cut in strips with a pastry wheel (a pizza cutter works just as good as a pastry wheel...). Spray pan with cooking oil (I use butter flavored Crisco in the can). Lay cheese straws on the pan...not too close together...about 1/2 inch apart. Bake at 400 degrees for 5 to 8 minutes. Remove from pan and place straws on cooling rack to cool as soon as you take them out of the oven... Enjoy!!! Let me know how you like them!!

No comments: